Last Minute Information
10th Annual Walk for a Difference
Please Read Details for Sunday’s Walk
Sunday, May 7th, 2017 – 10:30am-2:00pm
Harry J. Betar Park – Moreau Recreational Field, 19 Jan Avenue, South Glens Falls NY
Thank you for pre-registering your team, here are a few tips to make your check in go smooth.
ONLY the Team Captain or Designee needs to go through the line with all the teams forms.
We will give your captain the wristbands and meal tickets for your entire team when you bring everyone’s information through (there is a minimum donation of $10 per person to off set the cost of food,activities and events)
Let us know if you have anyone with Autism you will get a ticket for them to be brought through a special line so they don’t have to wait.
If you have set up a fundraising page please go to your log in Find the tabs at the top of the page. Click the one that says
Print the report and bring it with you when you check in at registration.
How do I get an Official “Walk for a Difference Shirt”?
• Walk shirts are available on a first come first serve basis for those individual walkers raising over $50 each. Registration opens at 10:30am.
Food and Drink available.
• Lunch will be provided for registered walkers. Team captain will need to come through registration to get everyones lunch ticket .
• The menu for the day is bottled water, pizza, hot dogs, chips, fruit, cotton candy, pop corn and ice cream. Feel free to bring a cooler or snacks that meet your family’s dietary needs.
• There are limited picnic tables but plenty of green space so bring a blanket and/or chairs and have a picnic!
Can we bring our Dogs?
• SORRY, no! PLEASE leave your dogs at home! Some children are afraid AND it is the park rule that no dogs other than service animals are allowed.
All activities are provided at no charge for those teams and walkers who have fundraised.
• There will be a petting zoo and pony rides in the lower field
• There will be music therapy from 10:30-11:30am in the lower field with Melody
- The band ”Flame” will be performing from 11:00-12:00 (weather permitting).
• There will be a magic show at 1:00pm with Magic Mike and Martin the Rabbit
• We will have some Super heroes visiting us! Yes… I Said SUPER HEROS
• Face Painting, Kids Crafts and Bounce Houses.
• PLEASE monitor and stay with your child(ren) (of all ages) when using the bounce houses.
Family activities are there.
• Music, dancing and games with DJ Carrine.
• Giant Basket Raffle is a family favorite.
• Silent Auction.
• We will be raffling a GoPro and Greg Wolfe’s autographed Adirondack Thunder Autism themed jersey. Chances are $20 each.
• We cannot accept credit cards for the raffle or silent auction. Cash or checks only.
Sensory Issues you should be aware of.
• Very Important for Children with Sensory Issues -There will be live music and a DJ with speakers which can be loud in certain areas so if your child benefits from headphones, please bring them!
• There will be a “BREAK” tent for children with autism filled with sensory toys and activities in the lower field. Look for the yellow sign.
New this year!
• We will have the band “Flame” which is a group made up of all individuals with developmental disabilities. They are AWESOME!
• We will have a Lego and play dough table near the food tent
• We will have New Store items (Dog collars/leashes, umbrellas, sweatshirts and new jewelry), so come by and check out our autism apparel store!
It will be cold and may be wet, so dress for the elements! We suggest hats, gloves, rainboots and rain coat! It will be cold and windy.
Thank you, we can’t wait to see you there!