Upstate NY Autism Alliance (UNYAA) is a not-for-profit alliance formed by dedicated parents of children experiencing the affects of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Our mission is to make a real difference in the lives of children affected by Autism and other childhood developmental disabilities who reside in our community. The continuing goal of UNYAA is to provide the necessary awareness, education, resources, and positive community inclusion to the many families affected by developmental disabilities.
Some of the programs that we have successfully brought and integrated into our community this year include:
- Adaptive Sporting Leagues- Baseball, Soccer and Basketball in collaboration with Sports Are For Everyone (SAFE), the Glens Falls YMCA & Glens Falls Little League with support from Glens Falls High School Athletes
- Proud Sponsor and supporter of “Camp under the Woods”, a one week summer camp designed specifically for children with special needs that is held at Camp Meadowbrook in Queensbury
- Adaptive programming for kids with special needs at the Glens Falls YMCA such as swimming and gymnastics
- Music Therapy with Licensed Music Therapist for children at the Crandall Public Library
- Family Recreational Programs at many local businesses like The Fun Spot, Party Palace and The Yoga Nook
- Story and Craft Time for “The Differently Abled Child” at Crandall Public Library
- Guest Speakers for parents, educators and the community by world renowned specialists in the field of Autism
- Social Skills Group with the support of Adirondack Enrichment of Glens Falls
With your help, we can make a positive impact on those living with Autism and continue to provide these successful programs for differently “ABLED” children in our area.