Here are some of the ways we have successfully made a difference in our community this past year: ·
- Co-host of the annual Autism Expo & Art Exhibit at the Saratoga City Center with over 80 vendors and resources on hand for parents, children, and educators. This free event also offers children’s activities, a sensory room, and is open to the public.·
- Adaptive Sporting Programs: Soccer and Basketball in collaboration with Sports Are For Everyone (SAFE), the Glens Falls School District and support from Queensbury, HFs and GFs High School Athletes.
- A summer camp for families – “Camp Ohana” – for children on the Autism Spectrum and their parents in the beautiful Adirondacks in collaboration with Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Resort.·
- Proud sponsor of “Camp under the Woods”, a one-week summer camp designed specifically for children with special needs that is held locally at Camp Meadowbrook in Queensbury.
- Adaptive gymnastics program for kids with special needs at Aerial’s Gymnastics in South Glens Falls.
- “Sensory Friendly Films and Theater Experience” at our local Regal Cinema, Bow Tie Cinemas and in collaboration with Broadway Upstate for a positive experience for differently abled children and their families.
- Music and Theater Camp in collaboration with the B.P.O.E. Elks Lodge 81 in Queensbury provided at no cost.
- Lecture Series for parents and educators by world renown Autism Specialists brought locally to our area.
Family Recreational and Educational Programs at many local businesses such as, The Fun Spot, Party Palace, Six Flags, Crandall Library, Healthy Living Learning Center, Uno Pizzeria, Creative Chameleon, Skyzone, Rocksport and the Cool Insuring Arena