12th Annual Walk for a Difference
This year we are celebrating our 12th Annual “Walk for a Difference” and Family Fun Day!
We hope you will be joining us for this fun filled day on Sunday, May 5th at the Harry J. Betar Recreation Park in South Glens Falls!
Here is how you can GET STARTED:
Create your Team or Individual fundraising Page
Help with getting Corporate Donations and Raffle items for our event
Walk Registration and Pledge forms to get donations for your Team
Upstate NY Autism Alliance (UNYAA) is a not-for-profit alliance formed by dedicated parents of children experiencing the affects of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Our mission is to make a real difference in the lives of children affected by Autism and other childhood developmental disabilities who reside in our community. The continuing goal of UNYAA is to provide the necessary awareness, education, resources, and positive community inclusion to the many families affected by developmental disabilities.
We are proud to share some of the programs that we have successfully integrated into our community this past year:
- Co-host the area’s largest annual Autism Expo at Saratoga City Center with resources for families and providers
- Adaptive Gym and Fit Camp Program in collaboration with 32 FiT Gym in Glens Falls keeping kids active
- Sports Are For Everyone (SAFE), an adaptive sporting program offering Soccer and Basketball with support from Glens Falls School District and SGFs Girls HS Soccer team and HFs and FE HS Basketball teams
- Camp Ohana, a summer “Family Camp” for local children and their families providing typical camp experiences in a safe and supported environment and providing respite and resources for parents and caregivers
- Proud sponsor of “Camp under the Woods”, a one week summer camp for children with special needs
- Adaptive gymnastics program for kids with special needs at Aerial’s Gymnastics in South Glens Falls
- “Sensory Friendly Films and Theater” at Bow Tie Cinemas, UNO Pizzeria and in collaboration with Broadway Upstate for a positive experience for differently abled children and their families
- Music and Theater Programs in collaboration with the B.P.O.E. Elks Lodge 81 in Queensbury provided at no cost with Licensed Music Therapists and Theater Education Instructors
- Lecture Series for parents and educators by world renown Autism Specialists brought locally to our area
- Family Recreational and Educational Programs at many local businesses such as, The Fun Spot, Rocksport, Party Palace, 32 FiT Gym, the YMCA, Sky Zone, Six Flags, Crandall Library and the Cool Insuring Arena
Autism is a complex condition that is the result of both neurological and biological factors that together affect the normal functioning of the brain impacting development in the areas of social interaction and communication skills making all these adaptive programs so vital in the lives of these local children.
Please consider supporting our 2019 “Walk for a Difference” so we may continue our mission. We Thank you!!