10th Annual Walk for a Difference
This year we are celebrating our 10th Annual “Walk for a Difference” and Family Fun Day!
We hope you will be joining us for this fun filled day on Sunday, May 7th!
We will have our family friendly walk to show our awareness, our famous huge raffle, silent auction items, children’s play area, bounce houses, pony rides and much more!
This year as we celebrate our 10 year milestone, we have invited the band “Flame” to join us!
Here is how you can GET STARTED:
Create your own Team personal fundraising page here
Help with getting Corporate Donations and Raffle items for our event
Walk Registration and Pledge forms to get donations for your Team
Upstate NY Autism Alliance (UNYAA) is a not-for-profit alliance formed by dedicated parents of children experiencing the affects of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Our mission is to make a real difference in the lives of children affected by Autism and other childhood developmental disabilities who reside in our community. The continuing goal of UNYAA is to provide the necessary awareness, education, resources, and positive community inclusion to the many families affected by developmental disabilities.
Your continued Support has helped us to bring these program in the past
- Adaptive Sporting Leagues- Baseball, Soccer and Basketball in collaboration with Sports Are For Everyone (SAFE), the Glens Falls School District, YMCA & Glens Falls Little League with support from Glens Falls, Queensbury and Saratoga High School Athletes
- A one-week Summer Camp in collaboration with Camp TLC for children with Autism at no cost while providing respite for parents at Camp Chingachgook in Lake George
- Proud Sponsor and supporter of “Camp under the Woods”, a one week summer camp designed specifically for children with special needs that is held at Camp Meadowbrook in Queensbury
- Adaptive programming for kids with special needs at the Glens Falls YMCA and Aerial’s Gymnastics such as swimming classes and a gymnastics program
- Music Therapy with Licensed Music Therapist for children at the Crandall Public Library, the Autism Center and the B.P.O.E Elks Lodge
- Family Recreational Programs at many local businesses like The Fun Spot, World Children’s Museum, Party Palace, Healthy Living Learning Center, Creative Chameleon, The Yoga Nook and Civic Center
- Story and Craft Time for “The Differently Abled Child” at Crandall Public Library
- Guest Speakers for parents, educators and the community by world renowned specialists in the field of Autism
- Social Skills Groups and Theater Camps
- Collaborator with the Saratoga Children’s Museum autism program “Making Connections”
- Sensory Friendly films locally at Regal Cinema, 190 Grille and the Charles Wood Theater
With your help, we will continue to make a positive impact on those living with Autism and to provide these and many new successful programs for differently “ABLED” children in our area.